Advanced Personal Water Survical and Swimming Skills Proficiency
SwimSafer Gold Entries & Exits
- Demonstrate a standing dive
SwimSafer Gold Sculling & Body Orientation
- Keep face above the water surface for 60 seconds using legs only
SwimSafer Gold Underwater skills
- Search for and recover an object in 1.8 m of water depth.
- Demonstrate equalising of ear/nose.
SwimSafer Gold Movement / Swimming / Strokes
- Swim 400m continuously
- 100m Breaststroke.
- 100m Front Crawl
- 100 m Backstroke
- 100m Survival Backstroke or Sidestroke
- Efficient stroke techniques must be used.
SwimSafer Gold Survival & Activity skills
- Dressed in swimwear, long pants, long sleeved shirt, shoes and socks, perform the following sequence;
- Enter deep water using an appropriate entry method swim 5 metres underwater to simulate an escape form a sinking boat surrounded by oil.
- Swim a further 45 metres as if escaping from a dangerous situation.
- Remove shoes and then swim slowly for further 50 metres using any preferred swim stroke occasionally signalling for help.
- Remove clothing in deep water. Fit PFD correctly while treading water, swim 100 metres using appropriate strokes,
- Demonstrate HELP technique and climb out of the water whilst wearing the PFD
SwimSafer Gold Rescue Skills
- Using a suitable buoyant aid, tow (noncontact) rescue of a person 10m from safety.
SwimSafer Gold Knowledge
- Principles when performing a rescue