Intermediate Personal Water Survival and Swimming Stroke Refinement Skills
SwimSafer Silver Entries & Exits
- Demonstrate a dive entry (crouching)
SwimSafer Silver Sculling & Body Orientation
- Keep face above the water for 60 seconds sculling with hands only
SwimSafer Silver Underwater skills
- In 1.5m of water depth swim through hoops on pool bottom 3 metres apart.
SwimSafer Silver Movement / Swimming / Strokes
- Swim 200 m continuously
- 50m Front Crawl
- 50m Breaststroke.
- 50m Backstroke
- 50m Survival Backstroke or Sidestroke
- Efficient stroke techniques must be used
SwimSafer Silver Survival & Activity skills
- Dressed in swimwear, long pants and long sleeved shirt , perform the following as a continuous sequence;:
- Enter deep water using an appropriate entry method
- Submerge feet first, swim underwater for 3 meters.
- Resurface scull, float or tread water for 3 minutes waving for help intermittently.
- Clothing may be removed.
- Correctly fit a PFD while treading water and then swim 25 metres and climb out of the water
SwimSafer Silver Rescue Skills
- Using a buoyant aid, accompanied (noncontact) rescue of a person 15m from safety
SwimSafer Silver Knowledge
- Recognising an Emergency