Introduction to Water Skills (Swimming)
SwimSafer Stage 1 Entries & Exits
- Enter the water safely and confidently with slide-In entry and exit using ladder and from pool edge.
SwimSafer Stage 1 Sculling & Body Orientation
- Recover from a face down float or glide to a standing position
- Recover from a back float or glide to a standing position
- Introduction to Floatation Survival Technique
SwimSafer Stage 1 Underwater skills
- Submerge in waist depth water, open eyes and blow bubbles.
Movement / Swimming / Strokes
- Swim – Any stroke
- Forward movement 10 m
- Intro to Backward movement 5m
SwimSafer Stage 1 Survival & Activity skills
- Support body in an upright position and signal distress.
- Grasp a flotation aid thrown for support
- Be pulled to safety
- Wearing clothing, correctly fit a PFD, jump into the water, float for 30 seconds and then climb out of deep water.
SwimSafer Stage 1 Rescue Skills
SwimSafer Stage 1 Knowledge
- Rules of behaviour in, on or near the water, Water safety knowledge at a swimming pool